TENS Unit Stimulation stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. Pain, whether chronic (long-term) or
acute (short-term, often from surgery or trauma), can be relieved through a variety of methods including drugs,
topical ointments, surgery, and electrical stimulation. T.E.N.S. devices deliver mild electrical pulses through the skin
to stimulate the cutaneous (surface) and afferent (deep) nerves to help control pain. Unlike drugs or topical ointments,
T.E.N.S. do not have any known side effects.
Interferential Unit – Interferential Therapy has been used extensively for managing post-surgical, post-traumatic acute pain,
edema and inflammation reduction. It has been used successfully for a wide variety of chronic pain and procedures.
With and Interferential Unit, current perfuses to greater depths and over a larger volume of tissue than other forms of electrical therapy.
Interferential current crosses the skin with greater ease and with less stimulation of cutaneous nociceptors allowing greater
patient comfort during electrical stimulation. In addition, because medium-frequency (Interferential) current is tolerated better by the skin,
the dosage can be increased, thus improving the ability of the Interferential current to permeate tissues
and allowing easier access to deep structures.
The InTENSityTM IF Combo combines Tens and Interferential to give you the best chance of treating patients that may need something stronger than a Tens unit. The IF Combo has 4 modes of Tens and 4 modes of Interferential to make sure even the patients with the most pain can get relief. The InTENSityTM IF Combo is 105ma strong and comes standard with an AC Adapter.
- Simple to operate, portable device for pain management
- Combines TENS and Interferential treatment for patients needing stronger therapy
- Comes complete with carrying case, two sets of lead wires, 9-volt battery, AC adapter, manual and pack of four self-adhesive reusable electrodes
- Power Source: Standard 9-volt battery or AC adapter
- Dimensions: 4.5″ x 2.55″ x 0.9″
- Weight: 0.28 lb. with battery
- One year warranty
- HCPCS Code: E0730* for TENS Unit
- HCPCS Code: A4595* for electrotherapy supplies